Monday, November 15, 2010

What is fun

I very rarely sing,write songs or play guitar or piano. These things are not what I would call a "fun" activity. Actually I have a hard time figuring out what is fun for me. I have fun going to the goodwill down the street. Its fantastic having a goodwill a few blocks away.
I've denied myself many things that I think would be fun, surfing,snowboarding,motocross,hiking ect. I love to drive so that's kinda fun.
But is playing music fun? I can't answer that. It can be but more often its a lot of work. I have fun letting go and jamming, probably would have had fun in the grateful dead but being in a band,following a structure is not really fun. I spend most of my energy not fucking up,remembering words,noticing the person in the crowd that isn't that into it.
Afterwards, laughing with the guys, I guess I'm so glad its over I am having fun. I don't know, I have a hard time knowing what fun is.
Rollercoasters are fun.
I need to have more fun.